May Fair - What's on
The line up for this year's May Fair at the Sports & Social Club on Sunday, May 1
is looking really good:
- Frank Green, the Cotswold Traiteur will be serving his famous pulled pork
with coleslaw and hot pork rolls with stuffing and apple sauce from 1pm.
- The Blockley Bowls Club will be running a BBQ.
- The Sports Club bar and the cakes and tea stall will be open all afternoon.
- Prizes for our Grand Draw in aid of Hub Activities include £100 cash, vouchers for meals at the Horse & Groom, the Great Western and the Baker's Arms, a Family Pass for Batsford Arboretum, a seasonal hamper from Drinkwater's and much, much more. Tickets £1 are available in the Shop now and on the day.
- Pete Watkins will provide the music all afternoon.
- The Dog Show will start at 2pm with a long list of classes for all shapes and sizes and ages. Always a treat for the spectators as well as the owners!
- A Bouncy Castle and Swing Boats are planned for the little ones, with a Rodeo Football and Skittles for older children and adults.
- A range of stalls will be run by Blockley clubs and visitors, with additional games and sales of candy floss, ice creams and other treats,
- The Moreton fire engine will visit from 1pm-3pm.
Tim Boddington and Philip Gee have kindly agreed to run a Hedgehog Bus shuttle service to and from the Fair. Starting at St George's Hall, the bus will stop at the Shop, the top of School Lane, Mill Dene, Lower Street, the Great Western and the Cemetery on Station Road. Please flag down the driver if you would like him to stop on this route. The service is free, but donations will be welcomed.
If you would like to be picked up in Draycott, Paxford or Aston Magna please contact Amy Peach on 07469 889921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Do come along on Sunday to support your Community Hub and Sports Club. The funds raised will enable us to provide more activities, including the annual visit of the Reading Challenge bus for schoolchildren during the school holidays, and a repeat of our pottery and chocolate-making workshops.
HUB Activities Co-ordinator