Notice of eighth Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of The Blockley Cooperative Association Limited (“the Association") will be held at St George's Hall Blockley on Wednesday 15 April 2015 commencing at 7:45pm to transact the following business:
- To receive the Association's accounts including a balance sheet for the financial year ended 31 December 2014 together with the reports of the Management Committee.
- To reappoint Clement Rabjohns Limited as reporting and examining Accountants to the Association for the 2015 financial year.
- To appoint the Management Committee to serve until the next Annual General Meeting
- Under the Rules any member may nominate any other member for election to the Management Committee and such nominations must reach the Secretary by Tuesday 7 April, being 7 clear days before the date of the Meeting. (Please send nominations to the Secretary/BCA at the shop.)
- Under the Rules all of the existing members of the Management Committee retire and are eligible for re-election.
- Nominations for the Committee should be addressed to the Secretary and left at the shop at least seven days before the date of the meeting
- To preserve an element of confidentiality, the election will take the form of a secret ballot to be conducted at the meeting. Ballot papers will be issued on arrival and will be collected after item 5 below. The Rules permit up to 15 people to form the Management Committee. If more than 15 candidates are nominated then the nominees elected will be those receiving the most votes “for" after deducting any votes cast “against". (For the avoidance of doubt if the votes cast against a nominee exceed those cast for that nominee, that person will not be elected.)
- To endorse the decision of the Management Committee that there be no annual subscriptions for the current year.
The Rules permit the Association to set an annual subscription and this must be considered at each Annual General Meeting.
However the Business Plan did not envisage charging an annual subscription.
- To receive a presentation on the current financial situation and the Business Plan.
- Result of the elections to the Management Committee.
- Any other business.
All members are invited to attend.
Notice given by order of the Management Committee